"Free"

Author: Tripgirl   Title: Free
Rating: NC-17
Category: Angst
Spoiler: None
Warning: Violence.
Sequel to: Smothered
Disclaimer: I don’t own the characters, Paramount do. I just like to play with them now and again. This story may not be published anywhere else without the author’s permission.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Remember Mark?

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The bar was busy but he managed to find a table towards the back of the room. The waitress approached and asked what he would like to drink. He opted for bourbon. It had been a while since he had been able to drink the spirit and looked forward to reacquainting himself with it. He looked over towards the door as it opened, watching the dark haired man walk towards the bar. He observed the man order a drink and then look round the room, probably looking for somewhere to sit. He had a feeling this was his lucky night.

They had agreed to meet in the bar after they had cleared up the things that needed to be done after their return to Earth. They also agreed to make it informal. Malcolm had changed into casual clothes and as usual had arrived at the agreed meeting place before the others. He went to the bar, sat on a stool and ordered a drink. He took a look round the room hoping to find a table, but there were none available. What he did see was a man at a corner table looking at him. Actually it felt like he was leering at him. It made him feel a little uneasy. He ignored him, turning towards the bar again. He felt a presence close to him. A voice spoke very close to his ear.

“You look like you are looking for a table,” the man spoke smoothly. “I have one to myself and I would be happy to share it with you.”

Malcolm turned to face the man, smiled slightly and said. “That’s very generous of you but I’m fine where I am,” he paused. “Also I’m waiting for some friends.”

“I’m not going to be staying long, so you may as well get comfortable,” the man smiled in return.

Malcolm considered the offer and decided that it wouldn’t hurt to share the table. After all what could happen.

“Ok I’ll take you up on your offer. Thank you,” Malcolm said as he stood, picked up his drink and followed the man to said table.

They chatted for a while and ordered another drink. The man was very curious as to what Malcolm did.

“Actually I’m in Starfleet.” Malcolm said but didn’t elaborate as to his exact position.

The man smiled. “I once knew someone in Starfleet. Not sure if he still is…..not seen him for a while.”

Malcolm decided to return the curiosity. “So what exactly is it you do.”

The man stared down into his drink. He looked back up at Malcolm. “I’m not doing anything at the moment…between jobs.” He looked around the bar room then back again. “I just got back from a big job outside the country and thought I’d take some time out before looking for a new job.”

Malcolm watched the man as he spoke. He noticed that he was nervous talking about him self. He kept flicking the edge of his glass with his finger nail. Malcolm also noticed that the man’s hands were calloused and his nails didn’t seem to have been well looked after. Malcolm could only assume that the man was in some form of work that involved physical labour.

The subject was changed to the event that was affecting the whole planet.

“What do you think about this attack down south?” the man asked as he took a sip of his drink.


Malcolm stiffened as he remembered the scene of devastation he had seen earlier in the day.

“It’s not exactly what I expected to come home too.” He thought of his friend and wondered where he was, hoping he was all right.

The man looked at Malcolm’s face and saw a worried expression. “Are you okay? You seem a little upset,” he said in that smooth voice again, reaching out and touching Malcolm’s hand. Stroking it with his fingertips.

Malcolm didn’t realise what was happening until his looked down at his hand and saw what the man was doing. He snatched his hand away and glared at the man opposite. In a calm but firm voice he spoke. “Please don’t do that.”

The man sat back in his chair and stared at the dark haired man. He had honestly believed that he was interested in him. He was sure that he had interpreted the signals correctly. Why else would he have come to sit at his table?

“I’m sorry if I upset you, but you look like you needed some comforting.” He looked into Malcolm’s grey blue eyes and smile, saying in a low voice. “Please don’t be upset, I meant no harm.”

Malcolm looked back. “No offence taken, it’s just that I belong to someone else.”

“Oh….I see….Sorry.” In his mind he wasn’t sorry and was determined to have this man before the night was over…..even if it meant the person he belonged to was left out in the cold……he didn’t care.

Malcolm looked toward the door of the bar, hoping his friends would enter and soon. Even though he knew he could take care of himself, there was something about this man he didn’t like. He made a decision.

“I think I will wait for my friends outside,” he said as he stood, picking up his drink. “It’s warm outside and there are plenty of tables available.” Whether this was true he didn’t care. He just felt he had to get away. “So if you’ll excuse me,” as he walked to the door and out into the warm evening.

The man glared at the back of the dark haired stranger. He didn’t even find out his name. He needed to know. For some reason he wanted to know everything about the man. He was determined to find out everything, especially how that body would feel next to his own.

Malcolm thankfully found a table and sat down. He wished at least one of his friends would show up. It was an hour after the time they had agreed to meet. He finished his drink and ordered another one from the waiter who was walking past the table. Five minutes passed and his drink was placed in front of him, but not by the waiter.

The man from inside the bar sat opposite Malcolm. “Look, I’m really sorry I upset you.”

Malcolm couldn’t believe it. “Please leave me alone.”

The man looked down at the table then back up at Malcolm, smiling. “It seems to me that you have been stood up by your friends. Why don’t I get us both another drink and we can get to know each other a little better.” Again he put his hand on Malcolm’s hand and squeezed. As Malcolm started to move his hand away, the grip was tightened.

“Let go of me,” he growled with anger.

The ferocity of the voice startled the man, but still he held Malcolm’s hand. “You know you should be more appreciative when someone is being friendly to you,” he smiled. “Especially when you have been left waiting by your so called friends.”

Malcolm had had enough. He snatched his hand from under the man’s hand, stood and walked away. As he got to the corner of the street, he turned the corner, he stopped about ten feet from the corner and leant him self against the wall, taking slow deep breaths. He had wanted to punch the guy in the face but held himself back. Walking away was the best way. He leaned forward, put his hands on his knees and hung his head down between his arms.

The man watched Malcolm as he departed, looking at the way he walked, especially a certain part of his body. The part he wanted to take control of…..the part that he would take control of. He didn’t like the way this man had walked away from him twice. Third time he wouldn’t be so lucky.

Malcolm had eventually calmed his anger and stood straight but still leaning against the wall. He turned to walk back to the main street, he didn’t get far as suddenly he found himself sitting on the ground with what felt like blood trickling from his nose. He put his hand to his face, took it away and found his assumption had been right. He looked up into a face that was contorted into a mask of anger but most of all lust.

The man stepped forward and Malcolm sprang to his feet, backing away. He glanced behind him, and that was when he saw he had no where to run……it was a dead end alley way. The man gave a small laugh from a mouth that was sneering. Malcolm for some reason felt very scared.

“You have no where to run. So why don’t you just make this easy on yourself and you won’t get hurt,” the man said in a low menacing tone.

This made Malcolm feel even more uneasy. He started to look around for a weapon but saw nothing that would be of any use. He looked back at the man. “You don’t really want to do this,” he said in voice that didn’t really sound like his own. “You are making a big mistake.” He took a deep breath and swallowed. “Why don’t you just turn around and walk away and that will be the end of it.”

The man laughed while he looked Malcolm up and down, mentally undressing him. “There is no way I’m going to let a body like yours walk away without me at least trying it out.” He took a couple of more steps, bringing him closer to Malcolm.

Malcolm caught the glimpse of metal as the street lighting hit the flat blade that was suddenly in the hand of his attacker. The man waved the knife between them, forcing Malcolm to take another couple of steps back. His foot hit something and he automatically turned to see what it was. As he turned back to face the man, he felt himself being spun round and felt his face pushed against the wall. He was angry with him self as he knew he had forgotten the first rule of self defence……never take your eye off your opponent.

The man leaned in and put his mouth close to Malcolm’s ear and whispered. “Now I have you the way I want you.” He put the tip of the knife on the collar of Malcolm’s jacket, while holding him against the wall with his body, he proceeded to cut the cloth of not only the jacket but the shirt that lay underneath. He spoke while he parted the clothing away from Malcolm’s back.

“There’s something about you Starfleet type that seem to get me going.” He put his mouth to the base of Malcolm’s neck. Malcolm began to struggle, but for his effort the knife was brought up to his throat, the point of which was pushed against his skin. “What I like about you is you have a little more fight than the last one I had. He just lay down and took it.”

Malcolm was once again spun round and as he was pushed hard against the wall, his head struck it hard with the momentum. For a few seconds he thought he was going to black out, but the hand that groped him between his legs brought him to his senses. The man had moved his arms so that they were pinned between his back and the wall. Malcolm felt the weight of the man’s body once more lean in and the other’s mouth connect with his. Once again he tried to break free, and for his trouble, a fist punched him in the rib cage. He tried to scream, as the pain shot through him as at least one rib was broken, but the man’s mouth was still assaulting his….pushing violently against his own.

The man pulled his mouth away from Malcolm’s….he was breathing hard “Oh yes I’m going to enjoy this,” he sneered. “You are a fighter. That last Starfleet I had was a wimp. Wouldn’t fight back,” he said as he gave a little laugh. “Even so I had to show him who was in control. I knew he cheated on me. Oh he tried to deny it but of course I knew he was seeing his commanding officer on the side.”

Malcolm was still a little fussy from the knock on his head, but somehow the story that this man was telling him sounded familiar. He still couldn’t move and his ribs were hurting like hell. He knew if he spoke it might bring another blow, but he had to know.

“What was his name?” he said in a whisper.

“My lover or his commanding officer?”

“Either,” Malcolm whispered again.

“He had a stupid nickname, called him self Trip,” the man sneered.

Malcolm felt his heart beat start to increase as adrenalin flooded his body. His eyes flashed with anger as he looked at the very man who had nearly killed his friend and lover. He felt his anger growing and knew there was no way he was going to hold back. He wanted to kill this monster.

With sudden strength that seem to come from nowhere, he screamed.

“AAARRRGGGHHH!!!” But before he could push his attacker away, the man was suddenly gone from in front of him.

The man jumped as Malcolm screamed in his face. He wasn’t sure what was happening. He felt Malcolm move and prepared to push him back against the wall, then he was no longer looking at Malcolm, but found him self looking at the face of the man he had not seen in over ten years. His eyes widened in shock.


“Hello Mark, long time no see.”

Mark opened his mouth to speak but only managed to get the first two letters of the first word out. “Tr………” Then found him self lying on the floor at the feet of his former partner with blood spouting from his broken nose.

“I’ve wanted to do tha’ for a long time,” as Trip moved closer and kicked Mark in the ribcage. “Tha’ too….and this,” as his foot came into contact with Mark’s groin. He brought his foot back again preparing to land another kick on the prone man when he felt his arms being grabbed from behind. He turned, ready to fight back, when he saw who had grabbed him.

“I think that’s enough Trip,” Captain Archer said as he held his palms out towards Trip, ready to fend off any blows from his friend. “He’s not worth it.”

Trip looked back at Mark, then turned to face Archer. “Y’ right Capt’n, he ain’t worth it.” He took a deep breath and let it out slowly, then with a tone that contained so much pent up anger he said, “He ain’t worth crap.” He turned and spat on Mark who was now cradling his damaged ribs. Trip looked up and seemed to see Malcolm for the first time. He went over to him and gently stroked Malcolm’s bruised and bloody face, then took him into his arms and placed the ghost of a kiss on his forehead

Malcolm groaned as his broken ribs were squeezed by his lover. He played back in his mind what he had just witnessed and realised just how angry Trip could get. He knew he wouldn’t see it often, but that anger had scared him, though he smiled at the thought of Trip getting in some pay back. It felt good.

By this time a crowd had formed and the authorities took charge of the situation. Malcolm was asked questions as a medic treated him. He gave a brief account of what had happened and who his attacker was. They found the knife which, unknown to Malcolm, had a drop of his blood on it, when it had pierced his skin. Both attacker and victim were taken to the nearest medical facility…..Starfleet Medical Centre.

Malcolm lay on his bed. His injuries had been treated and he was told he could go home later that day. Later had arrived and now he was waiting. There was a knock on his door.

“Come in,” he called.

The door open but the person that walked in was not who he expected. “Captain.”

“Hello Malcolm,” Archer smiled. “How are you feeling?”

“Much better thank you, sir. Where is Trip?”

Archer walked closer. “He’s still answering questions.”

Malcolm felt anxious at the thought that Trip might be charged with assault, even though he was defending someone else. “Is he going to be arrested?”

Archer laughed. “Not if I have anything to do with it or Admiral Forrest for that matter. They just want to get a few details sorted.”

Malcolm sighed with relief. He couldn’t imagine going back to the ship without Trip. He moved his legs slowly until he was sitting on the edge of the bed “What about him…..that Mark?”

“He’s here in the centre under guard. He won’t be going anywhere except back to prison.” Archer’s eyes flashed with anger. “After what he did and tried to do to you, he will be lucky to get out before he’s an old man.”

The door opened and Trip walked in. He had heard what Archer had sad. “A’ hope tha’ son of a bitch rots in prison.” He walked over to Malcolm, sat down on the bed next to him. He put his arm around Malcolm’s shoulders and turned to Archer. “Y’ shoulda let me kill him, the bastard deserved no less.”

“I would have under other circumstances, but right now I need my chief engineer.” He walked to the window and looked out at the street below, his face taking on a determined look. “We have an important job to do and I need my best people.” He turned back and walked towards the door. Looking back he spoke to two of his best people. “I’ll wait for you outside.”

After Archer had left Trip turned his attention to his lover. He squeezed Malcolm gently across the shoulder and kissed him gently on the temple, on his jaw then gently turned his face towards him and softly kissed his lips. “I’m sorry this happened to you Malcolm……if I hadn’t been late in meetin’ y’, it woul’ never have happened. I’m sorry.”

Malcolm looked into the blue eyes of his friend and lover and saw tears waiting to be released. He put his finger to Trip’s lips. “Shh,” he whispered. “You are not to blame for what happened. That man didn’t care who he attacked.” He leaned his forehead against Trip’s. “I don’t want to hear you apologise for what happened again.” He brought his mouth forward and returned Trip’s kiss. “At least you got you own back. I just wish you had let me kick his ass.”

Both men laughed and held each other, never wanting to let go, but as the captain said they had an important job to do.

Enterprise left Earth a week later, this time on a mission they may never return from. The crew knew that they had to succeed….or they may not have Earth to return to.

Two weeks into the journey that would take them to the part of space where the mission was to begin, Archer received a message from Admiral Forrest. He informed the captain that Malcolm’s attacker had been sentenced to an indefinite period in prison. Starfleet knew how to take care of their own.

********************************************************************************************


This material is posted here with the author's express permission. Please do not repost this material without permission directly from the author.



Feedback? Comments? Thanks! Drop us a few lines: tm_comments@gmx.net

Half a dozen of you have made comments

ok, maby a 14 yr old shudnt have read this stuff kinda graphic at times, but its well sweet and really brings out emotions in you , an amazing read thank you. AND i'd prefer it trip n malcolm got together instead of trip n t'pol gr8 story

Wow. Well done.

Good Mark should have had his balls kicked in!!! Can I help when he gets out?

*hug* Poor Trip!

ok, who's posting in my name this is the second referance ive found stating i'm under 18, other ones on a picture, please stop it whoever you are.

Loved it btw

Ha Ha :P

Great story. Never thought Malcolm would forget the first rule of self defense and I was glad that Trip came to the rescue like the knight in shining armor that he is.

.


T*M Home :: Image Gallery :: FanFiction :: Miscellany :: Bulletin Board :: Contact

 

Content by Li, wychwood and sky-fits-heaven unless otherwise stated. Part of the House of Tucker.
We don't own Trek; Paramount does (please read our disclaimer).