"Fireworks"

Author - Kathy Rose | Genre - Humor | Main Story | Rating - PG
Trip * Malcolm Fanfic Home
 

Author: Kathy Rose
E-mail: kproffitt@wpfranklin.com
Category: Friendship/Humor
Rating: PG
Summary: A bit of seaonal silliness.
Disclaimer: I don't own any of these characters; somebody with a lot more clout does. And there's no way I'm making any money. (OK to archive...just ask first, OK?)
___

 

"Explain to me again why I have to celebrate this particular holiday with you?"

"Come on, Malcolm. Can't ya forget about the origins of Fourth of July and just have a little fun?"

"I don't know, Trip. All these years you Yanks have been flaunting it. You win one little war and you've been celebrating for what -- something close to four hundred years now, isn't it?"

"Geez. I didn't know the British would be such sore losers."

"We're not, normally. Every year, however, you have to remind us that we lost."

"No, that's not it at all. We're celebratin' freedom, and independence, and the ability to do whatever it is we want to do."

"Like annually pointing out that you kicked us out of the New World?"

"Ya still had a few colonies down in the Caribbean, didn't ya?"

"Some nice tropical islands for vacationing, yes, but that was about it. And of course, there was Canada, but it was too cold."

"And what about India and the Middle East and Hong Kong? And could you leave well enough alone? Hell, no! Look at what you did in 1812."

"Actually, I believe you declared war on us in that one."

"But only 'cause you were impressin' our sailors into your navy. Kicked your sorry butts again in that war, too, when we booted ya out of New Orleans. ... Lord, now that I think about it, maybe we did start the revolution that kept you people from takin' over the world. Good thing we stood up to ya when we did."

"We were not taking over the world. We were practicing a form of manifest destiny. You have to take the events in the context of the era."

"An era when you were bigger and stronger than anybody else, and let everybody know it, too."

"We brought order to chaotic areas of the world, even if our motivation was somewhat imperialistic. Don't forget we ruled the seas, too."

"Fat lot a good that does ya, navy boy. We're out in space now."

"Really, Trip. See what I mean. You're throwing it in my face."

"Ah, sorry. Ya kinda ticked me off there for a minute."

"So...fireworks, eh?"

"Yep. I know how much you like a good explosion."

"I don't know..."

"I'll let ya push some of the buttons."

"All right, then. I guess I can make an exception this year and help you observe your Independence Day."

"That's the spirit! ... By the way, forgot to mention World War II and how ya needed our help with that one."

"So help me, Trip, you bring that up and I'll shoot you out the torpedo launcher with the fireworks!"

"Don't think the captain would approve of that, Malcolm. Ya could start another war with the colonies."

"Hmmm. He is American. I'd just have to shoot him out the tube with you. No one would know any better, and it ought to avoid another war."

"Sheesh! Who woulda thought ya'd be so touchy about this."

"One more word, and you're going in with the fireworks. Now load the torpedo launcher and shut up. I think I want to watch the display in total silence, thank you."


********************************************************************************************


This material is posted here with the author's express permission. Please do not repost this material without permission directly from the author.


Feedback? Comments? Thanks! Drop us a few lines: tm_comments@gmx.net

One person has made a comment

lol gr8 story :D

.


T*M Home :: Image Gallery :: FanFiction :: Miscellany :: Bulletin Board :: Contact

 

Content by Li, wychwood and sky-fits-heaven unless otherwise stated. Part of the House of Tucker.
We don't own Trek; Paramount does (please read our disclaimer).